Sunday, December 16, 2007

What Has Tosh (TamTam Books) Been Doing?

Besides wasting my precious time on the Goodreads.com website, I have been working on a memoir about my childhood. Which come to think of it is totally insane. I haven't the foggiest idea why I even started writing something like that. Cary at Bookbeat asked me to write an essay about my father Wallace Berman for a website called "Blast." I received great feedback, and of course I now feel like I have an audience so I must go on. But nevertheless it's nerve wracking to go back to one's past - especially in the murky area of one's childhood. The one thing I found that was interesting is that I haven't changed one bit since I was Eleven years old!

On the TamTam Books' front, Boris Vian's "The Dead All Have The Same Skin" is completely finished and now getting ready to take it to the printers. I am planning (unless something bad happens) to have this masterpiece out by Spring 2008. As well as another Vian title, "To Hell With The Ugly" which should come out Christmas 2008. A fantastic artist Jessica Minckley will illustrate the book. Check out her artwork at:

http://www.jessicaminckley.blogspot.com/

And on top of that we are working on the translation for Gilles Verlant's magnificent biography on Serge Gainsbourg. It's over 600 pages long and it promises to be the last word on this great artist. Paul Knobloch, who translated Vian's "Autumn in Peking" and "Manual of Saint Germain-des-Prés" is doing the translations for all three books.

So yes, I've been very busy.

No comments: