Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daniil Kharms

Today I Wrote Nothing: The Selected Writing of Daniil Kharms Today I Wrote Nothing: The Selected Writing of Daniil Kharms by Daniil Kharms


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Totally a new writer to me and Daniil Kharms hits all my aesthetic spots on target. Absurd to the max but with a lot of heart. One can read the mood of what was happening in Russia at the time of these writings (early 20th Century) but I think that may be misleading. What we have here is a genius who would have been a force no matter what part of the world he came from.

The fact that he was part of the landscape of the Russian revolution and Stalin is just a plus with respect to the writings (he died tragically of couse). But what appeals to me is the logic and wit of his work. It's beautiful writing that holds no prisoner. Excellent collection.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: