Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Favorite Music That I have Found on the Internet Part Two



A beautiful recording that is very much silk sheets on a clean bed. George Clooney's aunt, Rosemary Clooney is perfectly matched up with Duke and his Orchestra. The classic, the iconic, and it has a nice 2:30 am in the morning feeling. i like big band music that sounds small and constricted. More intense and just brings out the beauty of the songs and performance. "Mood Indigo" is the stand out here.





Everyone who knows me knows that I have a life-long love for Joe Meek and his recordings. One of his "victims' or stars is of course the great Screaming Lord Sutch. For whatever reason its hard to find an album of his early works with Meek, but I think I found it via the album "Story." Sutch is the proto-type to Alice Cooper and all that 'schock and attack' aspect of rock n' roll. But with Meek's sound it just becomes a highly eccentric approach to rock n' roll. And its perfect. Its beautiful.





I know that Small Faces/Humble Pie great Steve Marriott had a teenage career on the London West End stage, but I think this may be his first solo recording - even before the Small Faces. I don't have that much information on these recordings, but its very Mod (with a capital M) R n B music. Not far off from the early Small Faces. It's a four song ep, and the highlight is his version of the Kinks' "You Really Got Me." Track it down its a great record.



Great interview with Marriott.



Steve Marriott's "Money Money" which is one of the four songs on this particular EP.

No comments: