Monday, June 30, 2014

A personal statement about "2014" by Tosh Berman



Hello Blogger  and its citizens,

Today is my half-way mark on my writing project, where everyday this year, 2014, I write a narrative/essay and post it on Facebook as well as on my blog “The Wonder World of TamTam Books” at http://tamtambooks-tosh.blogspot.com.   Today, shortly, will be my 181 post.  If I live, or avoid bad luck, which appears to be always lurking around a dark corner, I should be delivering 184 more narratives/essays.  The last day will be December 31, 2014.

Each essay/narrative is approximately 600 to 700 words.  I first got the idea of doing this was on December 31, 2013, and I was of course, at a new year’s party.  I was slightly buzzed from the drinks, and was sitting in a chair by the food, which by the way, was delicious.  I don’t know where this idea came from, but it happened fast, and decided right there and then, that I will commit myself to produce a piece of writing everyday this coming year (2014).  Unemployment may have been the inspiration, or the need to remove or comment on the skin that I have been living with for the last 59 years.  Or perhaps, I was bored with the Facebook format, and needed to add something “zesty” to the recipe.  Originally I wrote directly on the Facebook page, but over time, I made the decision to write the works on another document, and then add it to the Facebook page.

Without a doubt, this is the most serious work I have ever committed myself to.  So easy to fail, or drop the conductor’s baton, that I live everyday in a combination of panic, hysteria, and contentment.  It s almost like feeling like one’s drunk, and usually on a normal day in 2014, I find myself exhausted by the end of the day.

Nevertheless, who knows if Facebook will exist by the end of this year.  For those who are fans, or just curious where this adventure will go to, you’re encouraged to subscribe to my blog at http://tamtambooks-tosh.blogspot.com.  That way, you won’t miss anything.    All the best,   Tosh

6 comments:

ElNeato said...

it's been a good ride!!

feel like the guy in the back seat of the checker cab…."follow that car"…made it to the coast, now turnaround and go back


cheers

Tosh Berman said...

Thanks ElNeato! I appreciate your commentary throughout the whole process so far. Keep that up!

ElNeato said...

have read every post...
and commented on more than a few..and even the ones i didn't, i thought about


good stuff

safe journey, safe return

cheers

Unknown said...

fb "likes" generally piss me off,maybe "dig" should be resurrected.Anyway I am digging yr blogs so congrats for passing GO.

ElNeato said...

wow..great to see my "brother" and ultimate sparks/kinks afficionado
and recording artist in his own right aboard..bravo

cheers

Taylor Bara said...

This is a great personal statement. 2014 was a hard year for me.